Monday, July 11, 2011

Rear Window Screening at LACMA. Let's get artsy!

I know I am prone to exaggeration, but when it comes to Rear Window, I refuse to believe that anything I say will be over-the-top. If you haven't seen this film, then you've probably seen some kind of parody of rip-off: "Bart of Darkness" (The Simpsons), Disturbia. That's all I can think of right now, but give me a break.

Alfred Hitchcock's 1954 movie Rear Window is on the outside a thriller about a wheelchair-bound photographer and his gorgeous girlfriend becoming entranced by his view into the neighbor's windows, but Jimmy Stewart and Grace Kelly play these parts with bravado. The view from Stewart's window becomes a screen that allows him to sit in the darkness and quietly observe the tenants from the comfort of his seat, looking through the lens of his camera like we see through the filmmaker's lens.

I won't tell you how it ends, but you'll want to be at LACMA tomorrow (7/12) at 1:00 PM to find out. And guess what? Admission is only $2! Only $1 for senior citizens, who I don't think read my blog, but if you do then pull out a crisp dollar bill from your grandson's birthday card and tell him to suck it, cause you've got a date with Hitchcock.

LACMA: 5905 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, California 90036

No comments:

Post a Comment